As most of you know, I offer a very successful 4 session hypnosis weight management program that covers most if not all aspects of weight loss. It's not just a 'diet' but helps change the way you think and look at things, while learning knowledge some of which might be the keys to success. Hypnosis allows you to connect to your all powerful 'higher (authentic) self' while putting the 'monkey/egoic mind' in it's place. The hypnotic work will help you to come to some basic understandings, so that you can take full responsibility for your own health and well being and not out source it to a third party (e.g. a doctor, etc).
Here are some of those understandings, some of which a sick society can hide from us:
1. The closer you can eat food to its source the better it is going to be for you. It's going to be more nutritionally dense. This basically means eating a lot of raw fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds in salads, etc. Remember when you cook a food it decreases it's nutritional value. The fresher the better. Even look at the colours of a freshly made salad VERSUS a cooked meal. There is a big difference.
2. Avoid processed foods altogether. If it comes out of a box avoid at all costs. These foods are usually full of chemicals and preservatives to extend their shelf life and are loaded with processed sugar. It can be hard to avoid as we are bombarded with it day in day out. A good rule of thumb is asking yourself 'was this a food 100 years ago'? ..if it was not you probably shouldn't be eating it!
3. Eat Organic if possible. Many of the supermarkets now have an organic section. Yes it can be a little bit more expensive but can you put a price on your health? Regular fruit and vegetables on the supermarket stalls are sprayed with toxic chemicals, which you can't just 'wash off', as plants are permeable and it will almost always be systemic in the food. Remember that 'Glyphosphate' the active ingredient in 'Round-Up' has been identified as a carcinogen by the WHO. You might think about renting an allotment or if you can't even dedicating a part of your garden to growing your own food...it's great for the health of both mind and body!1
4. Cut down (or out) meat intake. There is very little nutritional value in eating dead animals flesh cooked. It also takes about three days for the human body to fully digest a steak for example. Eating processed red meats is carcinogenic, but even the so called 'fresh' stuff, you still don't know what the animal was fed with or what was injected into it before it reaches your plate. On a side note it is in my opinion also good to be aware of the cruelty of the animal farming as well as dairy industry. Which brings me on nicely to tip number 5...
5. Reduce Cows Milk intake or look for alternatives. Alternatives include Coconut Milk, Almond Milk or Soya Milk. The two main problems with Cows Milk are: 1. It contains the protein 'Casein' which the human body finds very hard to break down. and 2. Lactose - again not something that the human body likes and the cumulative effect of drinking will almost certainly lean to lactose intolerance and other problems such as IBS (Dietary intolerances, particularly lactose, are found in 33% of people with IBS).2 There are other problems with Cows Milk such as the Mucus it creates as well as the pasteurization process.3 I also recommend reducing intake of dairy products in general.
6. Avoid 'Diet drinks' at all costs. Diet drinks contain the toxic ingredient 'Aspartame'. Aspartame was banned by the FDA in the 1970s and somehow got into the food chain. Lets say 'money talks'. It's now admitted to be the number one source of complaints to the FDA each year in terms of its side effects which include headaches, and even more recent studies which link it to obesity. Be careful to read the labels on foods as Aspartame can turn up anywhere for example in low fat yogurts.4
7. Drink Non- fluoridated water. Fluoride is added to the Irish tap water supply supposedly for the health of our collective teeth. It is in fact hypdrofluorisillic acid and cumulative intake can cause many health problems from dental fluorisis to more serious issues like osteoporosis and there is even a Harvard Study that links fluoride intake with a low I.Q..5 To remove this toxic ingredient, I suggest (if you can afford it) buying a 'Reverse Osmosis Filter' (300-400 euros approx.) or if not drinking bottled water (just make sure that the bottled water is not sourced from Ireland!).
Hopefully you have gotten something from these tips. I put a disclaimer here that this is just my opinion on the research that I have carried out over the last 10 years or so. I really recommend that everyone researches these points themselves and comes to their own conclusions. After all, that is what taking personal responsibility for your own health and well-being is all about. Thinking for yourself and not getting someone else to do the thinking for you. Until next time..stay safe .. :)
© Trevor Eivers 2017
My name is Trevor Eivers and I am based in Waterford, Ireland. I am a Certified Consulting Hypnotist (since 2010) with the National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH), which is the largest hypnosis body in the world with over 14,000 members in 83 different countries worldwide. I am also a Certified NLP practitioner. I love my job in which I help everyday people with everyday issues. Contact me at or check me out online at waterford-hypnosis.com or Facebook at : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trevor-Eivers-Hypnosis/177881245578285